Photo courtesy of e.l.f. cosmetics. www.elfcosmetics.com
What is it?
It’s a translucent pore-filling primer that helps to create a silicone barrier on the skin for a blurred effect.
$6 usd for 0.47 oz (13.3. g)
- Clear primer
- Matte silicone feel
- Smoothes large pores and pitted acne scars
- Hygienic pump delivery
- Sleek packaging
Need to Know?
- Silicone primers do not mix well with water based or oil based foundations
- Tip: like attracts like
- e.l.f. mineral infused face primer (silicone base) = Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation (silicone base)
- Pills with friction
- Inexpensive/more cost effective dupe is the Monistat Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel ($5.09 usd for 1.5 oz)
- Comedogenic (can clog pores)
Purchase or Pass?
The inexpensive dupe in the Monistat Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel is a great alternative with more product requiring less space for traveling. The thicker texture of the primer is still sanitary in the dupe squeeze tube vs the bulky e.l.f. pump.